Skip to content
100 Argumentative Essay Topics
Science and Technology
- Can nuclear energy be a valid alternative in the future?
- Should governments of the world collaborate to solve global environmental problems?
- Do GMOs actually cause harm to people?
- Should parents be able to modify their unborn children?
- Does technology unite people or make them more alone?
- Why do many people argue that we spend too much time on smartphones?
- Should People Be Allowed to Obscure Their Identities Online?
- Are the Web Filters at Your School Too Restrictive?
- Do Apps Help You or Just Waste Your Time?
- Do you think that our society is ready for mass usage of robots in everyday life?
Education Argumentative Essay Topics
- Do you think that learning online will be mainstream soon?
- Should schools use games for classroom instructions?
- Do you agree that tests in your schools are correctly measuring your abilities?
- Should cellphones be considered valid educational tools?
- Do you think that modern schools hand out A’s too often?
- What are the main stress factors for modern students?
- Is it possible to reach success in life without getting any formal education?
- Do you think that school uniforms can be useful for pupils?
- Should Greek classes in colleges be abolished?
- Why is group work in schools important?
Personal Character and Ethics
- Do you agree that we are losing the ability to listen to each other?
- Should the death penalty be legal?
- Do you support affirmative action?
- Should animal testing be allowed?
- Do bystanders have a responsibility to intervene when there is trouble?
- Should you care about the health and safety of those making your clothing?
- Should drug possession be decriminalized?
- Do you agree that people complain too much nowadays?
- When it is essential to compromise and why?
- What does it mean in your opinion to be self-centered?
Internet and Social Media
- Has the Internet positively or negatively impacted human society?
- Does Facebook make you feel bad often?
- How important is to fight against cyberbullying?
- Should tablet computers become students’ primary learning tools in class?
- Should companies collect information about you?
- Do you prefer paper books or their digital versions?
- How many text messages are too many?
- Does social media fame impact one’s real life?
- How much you can trust online reviews, and why?
- Do you think the majority of people will be working online in 2050?
- Why do we need art in our lives?
- Can graffiti ever be considered art?
- Does pop culture deserve serious study?
- Should books with objectionable words be banned?
- Do you think that YouTube creators are making a significant cultural impact on humanity?
- Is art education important for everyone?
- Should free art and music sharing online be allowed?
- To what extent should movies that depict historical events be accurate?
- Do actors take mental risks when playing different characters, including murderers or psychopaths?
- Did famous artists have an innate talent or were they putting in great effort to learn how to draw?
- Do parents have different hopes and standards for their sons than for their daughters?
- Do you think that modern schools are designed more for girls than boys?
- Is there too much pressure on girls to have ‘perfect’ bodies?
- What should we do to fight sexual violence against women?
- Do fraternities promote misogyny?
- Why aren’t there more girls in leadership roles?
- Why aren’t more girls choosing to pursue careers in math and science?
- Should women be allowed to fight on the front lines alongside men?
- Are women better at compromising and collaborating?
- Do boys have less intense friendships than girls?
Sports and Athletics
- Does gym help most students perform better in their classes?
- If football is so dangerous to players, should we be watching it?
- Has baseball lost its cool?
- Are some youth sports too intense?
- Where should colleges and sports teams draw the line in selling naming rights?
- Should colleges fund wellness programs instead of sports?
- Do you think that cheerleading is an actual sport?
- Should there be stricter rules about how coaches treat their players?
- Should athletes who dope have to forfeit their titles and medals?
- Should sports betting be legal everywhere?
Politics and the Legal System
- What local problems do you think your mayor should try to solve?
- If you were governor of your state, how would you spend a budget surplus?
- When is the use of military force justified?
- What is more important: our privacy or national security?
- Should the US be spying on its friends?
- Do you trust your government?
- Do rich people get off easier when they break the law?
- Should rich people have to pay more taxes?
- Do laws that ban offensive words make the world a better place?
- Would you feel safer with armed guards patrolling your school?
Parenting and Childhood
- When do you become an adult, in your opinion?
- Is modern culture ruining childhood?
- Should birth control pills be available to teenage girls without a prescription?
- Are adults hurting young children by pushing them to achieve?
- How, and by whom, should children be taught appropriate behavior?
- What can older people learn from your generation?
- How should children be taught about puberty and sex?
- How should parents handle a bad report card?
- Should children be allowed to wear whatever they want?
- Do you think child stars have it rough?
Health and Nutrition
- Do you think smoking is still a problem among teenagers?
- Should the US switch to single-payer healthcare?
- How concerned are you about where your food comes from?
- Should dietary supplements and weight loss items like teas be allowed to advertise through influencers?
- Should doctors be allowed to promote medicines?
- Do you think a healthier school lunch program is a lost cause?
- Is it ethical to eat meat?
- Does our society need to fight the consumption of sugary drinks?
- How important for us is personal hygiene and regular house cleaning?
- Is breakfast really the most important meal of the day? Why or why not?